Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Micronet.
What problem does Micronet solve?
In today’s world we are very connected, however we are also more isolated than ever before. Micronet helps organizations spark micro-conversations through introduction emails. This encourages your employees or members to take time to actually connect with their peers which can do some incredible things within your community.
Who uses this?
Micronet is a subscription service for organizations who want to encourage their members or employees to connect.
Here are some examples of organization types that would benefit from Micronet:
- Businesses with lots of employees
- Chamber of Commerce Organizations
- Networking Groups
- Professional Associations
- Churches & Religious Organizations
How do people meet using Micronet?
After Micronet sends an email introducing two of your community members, it is then up to the two members to arrange how and when they would like to connect. Common ways members connect include scheduling a call, video conferencing, or meeting in person for a coffee or drink.
Is Micronet secure?
Micronet uses top cloud security practices to protect your member’s data and privacy. Since the Micronet Platform only sends and tracks introductions (the meetings between your members take place off of the Micronet Platform) there is very little information that needs to be stored on the Micronet platform, which makes Micronet a great solution for organizations with strict data privacy and protection policies.
Do you need Slack, Microsoft Teams, etc... to use Micronet?
No! Micronet is email-based. This means you don’t need to pay for a platform like Slack in order to use Micronet with your members.
What are A/B Groups?
A/B Groups allow you to setup groups for your members and force the algorithm to make pairs between groups. For example, if you setup a Marketing Group and a Engineering Group, you can set the pairing tool to match Marketing Employees with Engineering Employees.
Do you need a membership organization to create a Micronet group?
No! You do not need to be a current networking or membership group like a Chamber of Commerce. You can start a private Micronet group anywhere or you can claim a region for a public Micronet group if there isn’t a group already in your region.
I have over 5,000 employees. Is Micronet a good fit?
Micronet was built with big corporations in mind! We have several features that make managing large amounts of users easy:
- Sub-communities. Setting up sub-communities is super handy for companies with locations across time zones or with multiple campuses. Each community can each have their own set of Administrators. Users can opt in to a single community or multiple.
- Concierge Setup. We’ll help you get started. We make it easy to integrate Micronet into your enterprise. We can help you spread the word and make sure all of your bases are covered so that you have a successful implementation.
- Self Registration. Easily invite users to your community and allow them to set their own preferences.